Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Needles in Your Face. It's What You Want!

Why would you put needles in your face? Because of sinuses and the hell they cause when congested. I got a not so subtle reminder of how horrible it is to have sinus trouble last weekend. I caught a bug that plugged my ears and throat along with all the sinuses in my head. My eyes were itchy and I kept sneezing and coughing. Misery! Especially when trying to sleep. What’s an acupuncturist to do? Stick needles in it, of course.

There are points on the sides of the nostrils that will instantly start draining all the sinuses in your head. If you’ve come to see me for a cold or allergies, you know what I’m talking about. For those of you who have not, you’re wondering if getting these points hurts. Well I’m not rubbing rose petals on your face, but it really isn’t that bad. I have a more difficult time ripping off a band-aid than I did looking in the mirror and popping those needles in. It only took 20 minutes or so before I felt significant relief. I had been sitting there with my face trying to scrunch up into itself and a sneeze that was just about to happen, but not happening. You’ve been there. It’s awful.  All of that was gone. And I got to think to myself “How awesome is acupuncture?”

If you have sinus trouble, whether from a cold or allergies, or even if you’re to the point of chronic sinusitis, acupuncture can help you. Needles in your face. It’s what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment